The powerful ScriptSync option for the Media Composer family of products vastly speeds editorial of scripted and transcripted material.
Available only from Avid, this innovative and unique technology takes Avid script-based editing to a new level. ScriptSync accelerates your edit using phonetic indexing of text and dialog to "sync" source clips automatically with the script itself. Once synchronized, you can find the best performance instantly by quickly comparing takes in the context of the story.
Ideal for documentaries, interviews, reality TV, feature films, or any project where there is scripted or transcribed dialogue, Avid's patented, award-winning ScriptSync technology eliminates hours of routine work--effortlessly lining takes and getting you where you need to go, up to 30 times faster.
- Accelerate your edit by synchronizing source clips to the script (or transcript) automatically using phonetic indexing of text and dialogue
- Gain access to all dailies associated with a program, regardless of where clips exist
- Locate footage easily based on scene number, page number, word, or phrase
- Quickly compare multiple performances of a given line to find that "perfect" take
- Create a “radio cut” from a transcript as easily as copy/paste
- Use indexed scripts on legacy Avid editing systems
- Supports North American English, UK English, Dutch, French, German, Latin American Spanish, and Russian
- Supports any script or transcript saved as a text (.txt) file
Requires Media Composer v5.5.1-6 and higher or Symphony v5.5.1-6 and higher.
Mac and Windows compatible.
Install Guides and installers are translated into English, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, French and German.
- Have your new ScriptSync serial number available.
- Launch your Avid editing application.
- In any project open a Script, select a clip in the script and choose the menu pick Script>ScriptSync (For more information about setting up a script please refer to your editing application’s Help).
- In the ScriptSync Activation dialogue click the radio button that matches your desired activation path.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and enter your serial number to complete the one time activation process for ScriptSync.